December 1, 2018
What’s this GenNext thing all about?
United Way Ottawa’s GenNext is a community for the next generation of change-makers. We bring together people in their 20s and 30s who are curious about the role that philanthropy can play in their busy lives; where they can connect with other like-minded people, and how they can make a difference.
GenNext Ottawa provides the platform, and outlet for community support – no matter what your level of giving.
Whether you buy a ticket to Schmoozefest, a Mix & Mingle throughout the year, you support a GenNext Giving Circle, or make a one-time donation to the movement, you are a making a difference.
Where does the money go?
Great question. There are three Giving Circles to support:
- Youth Mental Health: help youth access the support they need
- Path to Pride: contribute to an open and inclusive Ottawa
- Social Enterprise: fuel community entrepreneurs to do good
Your choice, your Giving Circle.
We make it easy, accessible and honest. And we know how to have fun along the way.
Find out more about becoming a Giving Circle supporter here.
- You can support the Giving Circle of your choice by donating just $20 a month for a year—that’s $240 tax-deductible donation.
- By becoming a Giving Circle supporter, you are the first to get discounts to all GenNext events, and you will get connected to everything GenNext—we keep you close an informed, through events and outreach.
- And remember, all donations stay right here in Ottawa. That’s local love, baby.